Thursday, May 19, 2016

Scanning and Saving Business Cards using Evernote and Even Hooking it up to LinkedIn

Did you know that you can scan and save business cards in Evernote?

If you're a regular Evernote user, this is a great way to save business cards. 
I have a folder in Evernote for each of my clients. I have notes (obviously) for each of those clients in those folders.
And now I also have a photo of their business card in their folder.
PLUS (this makes this all worth it to me) when I scan their business card I have the option to add the information directly to my contacts on my phone.

So this allows me to:

  • Add the contact to my phone list (or Gmail contacts)
  • See their business card without carrying it with me
  • Plus you can also connect it to LinkedIn if you have that app installed on your phone which will pull in a photo and any other details that LinkedIn has.


Sweet!

How do you do this?

Have the Evernote app on your phone. Sign in.
(if you're going to connect it to LinkedIn, make sure your app is downloaded)
Hit the plus sign to make a new note.
Choose the camera icon. 
The camera will size, straighten and read your business card.
It automatically take the photo, too. So have the card on a clean surface, Hold your phone so the edges of your card are visible on your screen. Give your phone a minute to grab the pic.
Double check the info in the fields that will show up.
Click save and choose whether to add it to your contacts. or scan another or done.
I choose save to contacts here. 

*** helpful side note... when you choose to save it, make sure it's saving to your Gmail account if you use a droid. it may default to phone contacts. Phone contacts usually don't sync. I had that problem after getting a new phone.

Click save and the back arrow to get back to Evernote. Then you can scan more or be done.
I also really like having a copy of the image of the card in their folder, just in case any info wasn't transferred correctly.

I do love technology!

Have any questions? Let us know. Follow us on Facebook, too, to get more post and How To Digital updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. We all get better when we share information.

Amazon Deals